Vintage Vogue Pattern Search


Sewing W/ Trudy blog has an exciting post about Vogue Pattern Co. looking for antique patterns for reproduction.
I love old patterns, so this is fun news to me. In fact, I found an old Vogue pattern of my Mom's when I was in high school. I got a ton of rose colored moire taffeta at a remnant store that sold by the pound. I shortened the sleeves and cut the skirt down to 2-gore. And I added a black satin bow in back. I wore that dress every big concert I played all through school. I'm sure I still have that pattern somewhere. I should find it and contribute to the search.
But why is Vogue asking for help in hunting old stock?
  • Company archives are incomplete?
  • Simply a promotion tool? [If yes then they should have had some prizes attached to this program]
  • Building a contact list?
  • Style revival?
  • Does survivability of an old pattern translate to popularity of that pattern?
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...