An impromptu scrap project

This was Alex's favorite skirt - in the 1st grade. Beautiful blue roses, but knit, so sadly not suitable for most quilting. Still too precious to get rid of, says Alex.
But you know a quilter mom can't let unused fabric just sit around the house, be it too small skirt, old sheets, etc. Today, Alex's old skirt became a cover for her umbrella, which was getting beat-up in her school back pack.
Alex liked finding this simple surprise when she got home from school today.
The best part of using old clothes in scrap projects - pre-hemmed!
By the way, isn't this a beautiful quilt? A present from Aunt Vicki. I love it so much, you can see I painted my room to match.

1 comment:

  1. Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...