Swap Ideas Day

What can I possibly share for National Swap Ideas Day?

How about my favorite tool:  spray basting. TA DA!
Basting quilt sandwiches is the only part of the quilt-making job I don't enjoy, even dread. Thanks to this stuff, I don't have to! I use it on mending, appliques, everything!

Here is my secret for keeping the whole house from getting sprayed sticky: Cover the bathtub with newspaper or towels, layout your pieces, spray in the tub. For large tops, hang them on the back yard fence and spray one half at a time. Easy!

Use a cold iron  or rolling pin to "press" little wrinkles from both sides of the spray basted project. Work from the center outwards, careful not to stretch your block. The weighted press saves a lot of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...