Turns out that Totally Tech Tuesdays isn't the only exciting sewing tech on Tuesdays.
CaraQuilts host Talkin' Tuesdays on Twitter. Every Tuesday night, 40-60 sewers join this all sew chat, and you don't have to get a fancy Internet phone to participate either!
Here is how it works:
- Get a Twitter account (if you don't already have one). Did you know you can Tweet on Internet or by text message? Correct - you do not need Internet on your cell phone to Tweet. Sign up on your computer at Twitter.com. Be prepared to pick a User ID, upload a picture, and write a little note about yourself and what sewing you like. Read up on how hashtags work. You'll use these to stay in the Tuesday Sewing Chat Room.
- While you are there, you can Follow RHQ on Twitter @RoadHomeQuiltn. I'm just saying, while you are there....
- Go to Talkin' Tuesdays and sign-up that you will be participating in the next Tuesday Sewing Chat. No, you don't have to do this step to be in the Talkin' Tuesday Chat, but this is how you get entered in the prize drawing. Plus here is where you can see who the next prize sponsors are, get the chat time for your time zone, meet the other chatters, all the other info you need.
- On Tuesday night (6-8PM in No DST land) go to TweetChat.com/room/talknt. Fun right!?! Cara will post topics to get the chat started. Answer with Q1, Q2, etc. to ID which topic you are answering. Your answer will automatically include the hashtag #talknt, so your Tweet is necessarily shortened to 132 characters.
- If you are using text messaging instead of Internet, text Follow @caraquilts to 40404. You will receive all of Cara's Tweets. Include hashtag #talknt at the end of your replys to have them included in the Sewing Chat. Replys to your posts will also be texted to you, no matter whom they are from. You can't see the entire chat this way, but if you are stranded someplace on a Tuesday night, a little sewing chat is better than none at all, right?
- Have fun and Good Luck! And please come back and comment here if you win :)