Crochet Instruction Resources

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me in my quest to learn to crochet a birthday present for Alex within 5 weeks. The best of part of blogging with my daughter: we've met sew many nice people, like you!
For this week's Totally Tech Tuesday (or "why you have a computer in your sewing room"), I'm compiling all their good advice here, in case you need to learn to crochet too. Or am I the last one who hasn't learned yet?
Here is my progress so far: Row 5, with lots of help from Pearl.
Kitty Pearl helps me learn crochet.
My Swap Buddy Mhairi recommends the Craftyminx Crochet School. Sew adorable, there is even a diploma to print out when you complete all 23 lessons! Beyond fun, with video and chalkboard instructions. Luv the chalkboards:) Thanks, Mhairi!

Jackie Moon features a giant legend of crochet terms/abbreviations and video instruction for 7 basic stitches on Tutorials Page of her website, Made with Love by Jackie Moon. You can get Made With Love Gift Certificates for Jackie's crochet patterns. Maybe your Valentine likes to crochet?

I also like Stitch Diva Studios. Cool how she diagrams photo tutorials with giant afghan work in bright colors to show stitches. Nice for my beginner eyes, as all yarn still looks alike to me. Front Loops AND Back Loops, really?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...