Pages

Quilt It! Challenge Half-Way


This is block 5 of 9 Quilt It! Challenge practice pieces before the big Whole Cloth final in October.
Are you as excited as I am? I am, because I am finally caught up:)

I made this 1/2 way block a review piece. I practiced feathers,

shadows, and
 
 
I also liked learning the feathered sunflower and triple outline, but these 3 above are the designs that need review.

So far, Quilt It! Challenge has taught me:
  • Take time to plan a stitching road map:  I'm more accurate if I work from left to right, like reading and writing. But bottom to top gives me better visibility. Usually.
  • Speed up when stitching curves.
  • Surprise - tiny motifs are often easier! So don't be afraid try a design in different sizes.
  • Don't skip in-the-ditch outlining. It stabilizes your block; less puckering and wonky edges.
  • Spend the thread! Shortcuts will cost you in accuracy. Time spent in frogging is the real unaffordable expense.
  • You can do it! Practicing doesn't take as long as you think.
What do you think I should quilt for October final?

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on this quilt! I like your list of what to do and what not to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!