This is block 5 of 9 Quilt It! Challenge practice pieces before the big Whole Cloth final in October.
Are you as excited as I am? I am, because I am finally caught up:)
I made this 1/2 way block a review piece. I practiced feathers,
So far, Quilt It! Challenge has taught me:
- Take time to plan a stitching road map: I'm more accurate if I work from left to right, like reading and writing. But bottom to top gives me better visibility. Usually.
- Speed up when stitching curves.
- Surprise - tiny motifs are often easier! So don't be afraid try a design in different sizes.
- Don't skip in-the-ditch outlining. It stabilizes your block; less puckering and wonky edges.
- Spend the thread! Shortcuts will cost you in accuracy. Time spent in frogging is the real unaffordable expense.
- You can do it! Practicing doesn't take as long as you think.