Random Desert


See, its an Improv Pattern! (LOL sounds like an oxymoron, right?)
It's meant to be a little instructional bridge of recognizable forms to aid traditional quilters like me in jumping the gap over to the modern side of "sew first-cut last" Improv piecing.

My pattern makes 3 blocks 9" high; Saguaro, Ocotillo, and Prickly Pear. You customize block width and layout for the size of quilt you would like to make. (No worries, Pattern does include ideas for 3 full sized quilt designs, so you're not left hanging;)

You can get PDF pattern in our RHQ Etsy Shop or on RHQ Craftsy.
Random Hexagons!

I'm especially fond of this Random Hexie Prickly Pear block. It was sew easy and came out sew cute!
Next post I'll write more about how I finished my Random Desert wall hanging with Sunbonnet Sue;)

2 comments:

  1. Jackie, thanks! I've been wanting to do a red background desert quilt for ages, so this finish is a big deal to me. I'm really glad you like it:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...