Mermaid Tales

My niece is a mermaid.
Seriously, swims like a fish.
She got infant swimming lessons, and has seldom left the water since.

Now our family Ariel is 15, and decorating her room for the first time.
She has asked me to create a mod styled mermaid body pillow to match her new décor:
Eggplant and green
Once upon a time, I stitched a mermaid tale from swimwear for my niece hehe:)

Help me pick a sweet quote to stitch on the big pillow? It will be script, small, freehand quilting, outlining mermaid's tail. Vote on the below quotes, or PLEASE suggest a new one!
All ideas welcome:)

  1. The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea. --Isak Dinesen
  2. You can't cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water. --Rabindranath Tagore
  3. "I think your mermaid probably has a life," Wills said..."You can't count on her to be waiting around for you every day. So drowning on purpose makes you an idiot."
    Sarah Cross, Kill Me Softly
  4. The mermaids had written their phone numbers in waterproof ink on Hazel’s arm so that she could keep in touch. --The Mark of Athena

  5. "Sea-foam
    And coral! Oh, I'll
    Climb the great pasture rocks
    And dream me mermaid in the sun's
    Gold flood."
    Adelaide Crapsey, Verse by Adelaide Crapsey
  6. "What makes a treasure a treasure." Marine replied, "is how rare a find it is, when you need it the most."
    Jodi Picoult, Between the Lines
  7. A late entry from @Arborized: "I must be a mermaid for I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

2 comments:

  1. I really like number 2! My experience with mermaids is limited, but it's inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL yes us desert people don't meet many mermaids:) Two is cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...