Pages

Dresden Steps Live

Thanks to Alex and her magic PDF skills, we were at last able to merge the template file with the pattern, so late last night our new Dresden Steps pattern was finally live:

Road Home Quilting

This really is a one patch Dresden quilt! Any long Dresden ruler will work here, but I don't like patterns that surprise you with special requirements, so I went ahead and make a Dresden template for this one. You can tape it on your regular ruler to turn it into a Dresden Ruler.
Road Home Quilting
Pearl approved

Special Thanks also to  @katisquilting and Michaela 
for helping us find a cool name for our new pattern :) 
Found a cool rusty gate for cover model poses.

Our cover model has round corners because, you know, Dresden blocks are traditionally round HA:)
It wasn't hard, just use a kitchen bowl for a template to round quilt corners before binding. 
Then I used lots of binding clips/barrettes to ease binding on the curve.


simple scrappy round corner binding

I've saved this fabric set for ages, waiting for the perfect project, and I'm so glad I did. There was just enough to make a throw sized model with scrappy binding. I saved dark teal for the corners by cutting 4 equal binding strips, about 9", and pinning the center of the strip to the center of each corner. Then when a corner came around in binding, I cut the binding and added in the corner piece.
Dresden Steps at the pond by RHQ
at my favorite park
I hope you will try our Dresden Steps and let me know what you think. 
It is a super quick pattern because you hardly have to press or square-up.
And, oh yeah, pattern includes 3 sizes: baby, throw, queen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!