Pages

How I finally learned to crochet


This is Magical Motifs Vest designed by Ellen Gormley from the Spring 2013 #5 issue of Crochet 1-2-3 (Valu-Publishing), made with Lion Brand Tweed Stripes in the recommended #205 Caribbean, and yes, it has taken me all these 4 years to finish.
When I started working on this, I didn't even know you could "CL in ring" or "around."
I believed every crochet stitch had to be IN a stitch.
Imagine my shock when I got to the picot LOL

Friends gave me impromptu crochet lessons...but I had so much to learn.
The equivalent of learning to ski at the top of a black diamond run, right?

Finally, I found a crochet book with a GREAT illustrated glossary.
(I confess, I am old school. Video training frustrates me.)
This little Leisure Arts book by Melissa Leapman did the trick, 
Hats and Scarves:  12 Designs to Crochet
Here I even learned double treble. Plus, there's more fun projects to fit my new well earned crochet addiction.
Need books? Please shop our Alibris affiliate badge in right sidebar. Thanks!
 
Vest has eleven 5-row doilies joined by rosettes.
I'm impressed with Ellen's design

The variegated "Caribbean" yarn brings it all together.
 That smile makes it all worth the finish:)

2 comments:

  1. That came out very well! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gretchen, thanks! This project was a great puzzle to sort out, LOL more fun than sudoku. I think I'd like to make another one.

      Delete

Thanks for reading!