Pages

Preview Quilt Show and Vintage Auction

Gilbert Historical Museum quilt show, The Art of Quilting, starts tomorrow.
When I visited the museum this month, I hadn't expected to get to preview exhibit and auction pieces, so I neglected to get my camera out until it was almost too late. Luckily, I get to share these quick snaps with you.
Doris' Card Trick
I like this picture of Doris :) Look, Doris quilted her Card Trick with red roses! 
Can you see the red thread? And the beautiful rose pattern?

I think this is Town Square. Please comment and let me know if this is wrong. This is one of the vintage sets the Museum will be auctioning during quilt show.


More vintage block sets, c. 1925-30. All appraised by Karen Hausner.

It is hard to recognize the scale in this picture. These are crazy blocks of unusual silks and seersucker. Scraps from old family nightgowns? Each block has a sugar sack for its foundation.
I call these unusual rectangle blocks, "10 lb. blocks," because they are the size of 10 lb. bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!