Pages

Sewing for Music

This was Bill from Canada's idea. Bill is tenor in our community choir. Alex and I both sing in the choir. Well, Alex sings, and I am learning :)
Choirs don't use music stands like other musicians. Sometimes it can be challenging to hold all your music. Bill made a super sewing project that solves all that. Really!
Are you ready to see it?
 
*
*
*

 
Ta-Da!
Bills genius idea is to sew an elastic handle on your music binder!
 
 
  • I used 7" of one-inch-wide plain old braided elastic. I'm wishing I would have used 9".
  • Tape elastic in place 1/3 of the way from top of binder. Make sure you can close the binder without stretching the elastic.
  • Machine tack ends of elastic in place. Use any old needle that you are ready to throw out. I used darning foot and covered feed dogs.
  • Bill was right, you must hand turn your machine. Not that it's not strong enough to sew on the binder, but the thread keeps breaking unless you hand turn.
You never know where you'll meet new sewing friends! And I'm always pleasantly surprised when the defi de jour is solved with stitches:)  ---Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!