Pages

Paper Star

Wow, this is the earliest I have ever finished a Christmas project.
So this is my Thankful Thursday; that I am getting stuff done! Not everything....but stuff:)

 
Don't you just LUV a Homespun Christmas?

I used pieces from my giant stash bag of ginghams, plaids, and homespuns.
How do you sort your stash? I sort by theme, function, and size:
  • Christmas
  • Thanksgiving
  • Halloween
  • Summertime (Patriotics, Sunflowers and Beaches)
  • Kitchen Noveltys (beer, wine, coffee, LOL)
  • checks/plaids
  • Florals and Springtime
  • FQ and smaller blenders
  • 2.5" strips
  • stuff not for quilting
  • flannel
Right now, Christmas stash is taking up the most space. Lots of UFOs planned in there. But all my favorite "too nice to cut" fabrics are in the Thanksgiving pile.

LOL I used stabilizer here by mistake, instead of a fusi-web. So I went ahead and fringed the toe and heel.


I think Foundation Paper Piecing is trending. Is it just me, or are you too seeing lots of paper pieced stars lately?

Of course, I ALWAYS forget to add the hanging tab! No matter how many socks I make, they end-up with tacked on tabs, added afterwards, never in-seam as planned. Whatever:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just love this!!! The fabric is perfect. Congrats on having a gift done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, thanks! For helping me celebrate a fun finish:)
      Happy Holidays

      Delete

Thanks for reading!