Pages

Everything I wanted to know about Welsh Quilting


Santa brought me a new quilting book!
Making Welsh Quilts by Mary Jenkins and Clare Claridge.
This book is perfect, it explains everything about the Welsh quilting style. Not just an historical overview of welsh quilting, this book examines 23 antique Welsh quilts, most with front and back views, and quilters' stories too.
There are 10 traditional patterns for making your own Welsh style quilts, complete with dreamy quilting plans and templates. Most exciting is the end chapter, where you learn how to draft those amazing Welsh quilting patterns.

I've been intrigued by Welsh Quilts since I saw the Jen Jones exhibit online this year. This book answers all my questions! And gives me many beautiful new projects to dream of in the New Year. Time to set-up the old frame and learn some new tricks. --Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!