Pages

Home on the Range






Alex Golf Coach/School Librarian has been so wonderful - to our whole family.

 So I especially wanted to do something extra to remember her this Teacher Appreciation Week.

Where I come from, that means something homemade. Found a yard of cowgirl fabric in a vintage shop, and as I was musing about "Home on the Range..."
I decided QUILT MY GOLF CLUBS was a good idea.
You know, create something quilty,
like those ridiculous stuffed animal head golf club covers you've seen?

 It started out well enough.
Alex did some stitchery, of course:)
Decided homespun was the best choice for lining.
  

I quilted the cowgirl fabric.
1/8" zig-zag edge to make sure all layers got covered in seams.

All done! Early!! But it doesn't fit. Fun, but not functional. So...

Recut, refit, redesigned.....I lost track of how many times.
Only one "D" shaped seam, you wouldn't have thunk it so complicated.

Velcro Dot closure.
Far from the corset stay ties I had originally planned.


This adorable crochet edged bias binding is from Etsy,
 


Done. Wrapped at 5:00AM.
Will leave it to Coach to tell us if it is functional or fail:)


Remember this? Rainbow on the Ninth Hole.
Thanks my Twitter friends who always stayed with me
while driving the golf cart at Alex's matches.
Was fun chatting with you!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! This club cover is a fantastic idea, we have a lot of golfers in our family so you may have to whip up a pattern for me. :)

    I wanted to thank you for commenting on my post the other day! You comment came to my email as a "no-reply" so I figured I'd leave you some comment love too. :) And yes, the quilt I made for my cousin is a Double Irish Chain.

    Have a great day!
    ~Brandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!