Pages

Donna's Quilty Valentine

A new Pearl's Post poem was planned for today. But I'm' postponing it in favor of a new story related to  Quilting Nurses, one that is perfectly suited for celebrating this Valentine's Day.

Dad was again in the hospital this week, just for testing, and he is doing great. It was a new hospital, very nice yet unfamiliar to us. Imagine how happy I was to see this:

There were six giant framed batik blocks decorating the hospital main corridor! A tag on each frame said,
"Created by Donna Smith in loving memory of Donald Smith"
What a lovely tribute! See why I wanted this news for a Valentine's Day post? 
Do you think Donna is a local quilter? I hope I get to meet her some day.
Then I can tell her, thanks Donna, for the extra effort in framing your blocks, and making our hospital stay more beautiful and homey and bringing peace to my heart.
Happy Valentine's Day


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!