Pages

Quilter Kathy MacCleary

I was sew fortunate to spend Saturday morning at the Museum visiting with Kathy MacCleary and her amazing tiny stitches.

Hand quilting!
 
 Red & white thread for r/w EPP.
 
 Tiny Drunkards Path (nearly - corner to corner pieces) baby quilt.
 
  Kathy's signature continuous Rosette hand-quilting shows well in this baby quilt pic.
 
 
I put Nanette's button ring in the picture so you can see these tiny hexies really are 1".
 
 I think this one is my favorite: Broderie Perse with hexie flower "rain." And rare machine stitching here. [Bad picture, sorry.]
 
Or this one! Kathy says finishing this quilt helped her recover from a stroke.
[If Blogger would let me add a caption, it would say, "Kathy MacCleary w/ homespun masterpiece."]
Kathy matched all the naps in every tiny plaid and gingham!!!  
Hand quilted - oh yes, she did!
 

Even the "T"s are matched!

Kathy says, "When your first quilt is Cathedral Window, everything else seems easy."

And here are some of Kathy's new adventures in fiber arts:

Can you see the doll sized chatelaine with scissors and spool? Cute hairy legs, too:)
[Sorry, Blogger won't let me enlarge pics todays.]
 

Turquoise wrapped with copper wire and beads.
 
Yes, that is the moon you see :)
 
 
 
 Kathy has made sew many amazing quilts!
 
 
Kathy, thank you for sharing!
And thank YOU for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree on her comment about the cathedral windows!

    And look at her hand sewing project in the frame---OH my!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!