Pages

Crazy Overlay Crochet




Texture! My favorite aspect of crochet. This new Leisure Arts book, Overlay Crochet: 10 Projects Add Dimensions and Style to YourHome by Kristi Simpson, creates crochet texture in fabulous new ways. “Dimension and style” is no joke here. Look what I made:


Kristi’s book Features a variety of projects:  table décor, pillow, box, hand towel, blanket, ottoman pouf, wall hanging (mandala), granny square style blanket (but it’s not your granny’s style!), and an amazing boho crossbody bag – which is going to be next project, for sure.

I have always shied away from colorful crochet projects because I dislike changing threads. But Krisit has solved that, detailing 5 ways to join yarns. When you use this book, start with the General Instructions at the end (pg. 57). You’ll be amazed at the new tricks even before you dive into the gorgeous projects. Plus, there is a guide at the very end where you can get the exact project yarns Kristi used. I will definitely be hunting the original colors when I try this cover model table mat. Ideal springtime flavors!

Believe it or not, almost all the projects are rated Easy skill level. The Pillow is certainly Intermediate. Box is the beginner level project. My project was this gorgeous hand towel (pg. 48).

LOL – I made a simple mistake right at the begging, setting 9 posts instead of 8. So mine turned out pentagram instead of square and I love it! And it was still easy to finish. I think it looks like a poppy. I’m going to make a few more and see what a blanket of these would be like. Round, I guess. What do you think?

I really love this book – it’s going to keep me busy and happy all year :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!