Pages

Vintage Remake

I found this flannel log cabin in a vintage shop some years ago. 
It is small, about 30" square. The red centers are only 1/2"!
I've always wished to try recreating this very clever design. 
Have you seen this block before? Does it have a name?

The leftover honeybun scraps from Bergamot cat quilt are ideal for this project!
And there are even enough scraps for two colorways; orange and white. 
This is Moda bakeshop, Last Bloom by Sandi Gervais, and I absolutely love it!
 I got this right before the lock down, it was just the 
IDEAL colors I had dreamed of for creating Bergamot
California poppy orange and depression jade. 
(Hence the name, Bergamot;)

 
Here are the orange log-cabin flower centers. So far so good. 
I will get back with you about the white/green blocks. Honeybun centers finish at 1" square, so my project will be twice as large as the original vintage inspiration.

Don't you just love it when a wish quilt comes together? 
In this case, one honeybun is making 3 dream quilts! 
(Bergamot, orange log-cabin, white log-cabin)

BTW:  Bergamot is with the photographer. 
As soon as I have a pattern cover pic, you will see it in the Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!